Monday, June 16, 2008

little one sweets livejournal

Tuesday, February 10th, 2004
2:50 pm
A Night at the Opera
An opera was never quite so sweet and when you have a Lili in your seat. Her rocking back and forth, and her waving her hands up and down. Was she conducting? She held back the song she sings with her voice until the last 60 seconds of the show. Her body sang throughout. She is a singing and dancing girl. She went to see her Auntie T sing. Lili is just about at the age where she may not be able to go to the theater with us. Her first show was at three weeks, and when I get the information I will fill in her earlier life here. Her Auntie T helped her come into this world. Singing with us, and literally holding my right hand. Sweetly, softly and strongly instilling in me the courage to push, the strength to push, and the count. One...Two...Three...Four...Five...Six...Seven...Eight...Nine...Ten...
One...Two...Three...Four...FIve...Six...Seven...Eight...Nine...Ten...
One...Two...Three...Four...Five...Six...Seven...Eight...Nine...Ten... I will write her birth story on a different day.
Saturday, January 31st, 2004
12:09 pm
Long time no post
I have not written in ten days, so many changes in ten days, but happily can say the time away from the journal was well spent with Lili. She has not been sleeping well lately. Perhaps it is the new sleeping arrangement. She is up every two hours, like clockwork. Yes it's four, yes it's six, yes it's eight... She has been standing a lot this week. She gets herself around by holding onto the couch, playpen, exersaucer, anything that will support her. She is a crawling girl also, there is no where where she will not get. Time to put the gates up. The number one prevention and child safety is supervision. She is currently asleep, her god sister has been here for two days spending time together. She is in full swing eating cheerios and back to her teething cookies. She took a little hiatus after choking a little on one. Will post again soon.
Wednesday, January 21st, 2004
10:36 pm
A new cast member
Today K came to work with Mami, and she was so adorable. THe most delicate and sweet sounds, until of course she had to let me know she was hungry. I keep going back and forth, whether to write this to her, or about her. The kids of the cast all took turns playing with you. You especially liked Amira, something about her, made you smile. You finally warmed up to Mitch, who is great. Today, I am not feeling so well, so I imagine she may not be either. She has no way of telling me that her throat is sore. Today she pulled herself to standing with the glider. Oh my, what a dear she is and into everything.
10:27 pm
Catching Up
Sunday was our last entry, let's see if we can recreate the past few days. Monday was Martin Luther King Jr day and for Christmas little K got a MLK board book. We spent the day mostly inside, this cold weather is not welcoming. We went over to Grammy's today and helped her out for awhile.

Tuesday was yesterday, and you had so much fun with your tongue. It happened to coincide with the President's state of the union address, adding an extra layer of humor. You spent about an hour sticking out your tongue and exploring the feel of your tongue. TODAY YOU ARE 8 MONTHS OLD. Where is the time going. I can't believe it. It definitely confirms the adage "time flies when you're having fun" because I am having so much fun, and time is flying so fast.
Sunday, January 18th, 2004
9:37 pm
Huggy day with fever
Today was a huggy day. Little K had a slight fever of 99.4 and clearly stated her preference for being held. Mama had to work today and the grandparents were coming for a visit so I spent the morning cleaning the house. You didn't Li didn't really want to eat today, this is unusual. She barely ate her peas, and her face was adorable in it's determined rejection of the food. I called the nurse to check in and see what should I do about your fever, common sense told me not to worry but with the in laws coming, you can never be too careful.
12:25 am
The Beginning, already started
Here is K's baby journal, she is almost eight months old now and the time is going by so very quickly. I keep intending to start a journal for her, as I had started one in the beginning. I find myself at the computer daily so here I am committing myself to get some of her moments here. Today she was very cute, I love this tongue lip thing she does. She doesn't do it very often, but today she did it three times in a row. We sang together quite a bit. She "should" be into vowel consonant combinations and she used to do those. She is much more into singing her melismas, it seems the consonants just get in her way. She is presently sleeping, which will more often be the case when I write here. I will be doing some back-tracking to catch us up to her dailies. This will be the website, only a parent(perhaps a grandparent) will adore. I will try my best not to embarrass her by describing her poop of the day, but still at this age, it is a big deal.
Peace out.

No comments: